Friday, August 26, 2005

Bite me Katarina, you useless whore!

Let me say first that I did NOT want to get hit by a hurricane. That being said, it's not fair that I wasn't hit by the hurricane.

I mean, the power goes out all the time in Florida. All I wanted was one and a half days off of work. A freebie, if you will. But nooooooooooooooooooooooo. Stupid Katarina (which by the way, is also the name of a great song by Phil Pritchett). She didn't even knock out the power so I didn't have to go to work. You know what though, I bet the next hurricane knocks out the power -- on a Friday. And then it will last until the following Tuesday because we'll have had a holiday on Monday or something awful. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I have over $100 worth of canned food in the pantry! I have a bathtub full of emergency water! I have batteries -- buy one get one free batteries!

There I was, thinking I was having a ooooooohhh-the-power-of-the-hurricane moment because the cat was acting weird. "Look," I said to myself, "Kneazel is meowing and running back and forth nervously. He senses the coming storm!" After following him, however, I realized he was really trying to say, "The house is flooding, you stupid girl! The house is flooding!" Turns out, Kneazel has never seen the bathtub in the guest bathroom filling up with water. OK, and he considers it his bathroom since that's where his food dish and litter box are kept.

I had dinner ready early, I had the plants dragged inside, I had Scrabble at the ready. We got nothing more than a drizzle. A drizzle. Give me a bending palm tree -- something! Throw me a bone, people!

Florida. Humpf.

1 Comments:

At 9:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed the sarcastic humor- you should be writing a book! Such talent being wasted on writing in this blogosphere...get it on the shelves where your talent can be purchased & then you can buy more silver spoons!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home